+44 (0) 1294 274297

About Us

John D Dunlop was originally founded in 1979.  Started by a sole proprietor, the business has continued to grow for the last 30+ years. In summer of 2008, the company was acquired by the present ownership.

We are proud to have achieved ISO 9001:2008 accreditation in June 2009 for the ‘manufacture of gunmetal pipe fittings, flanges and associated components including marine heavy duty and general heavy duty pipe fittings’ - and our commitment to quality improvement is ongoing. We place great emphasis on continuous training and development for all of our employees so that we can constantly adapt to the ever changing requirements of our customers.

Commitment to plant investment has been vital to our success in continuing to grow the company beyond it’s previous capacity.  In winter 2009, we took delivery of our latest CNC turning centre worth almost £200,000.  This state of the art centre allows our machine shop to run ‘lights out’, ensuring we can optimise output when our customers most need it.

We work very closely with our suppliers to ensure that all materials used in our manufacture are certified to the highest possible standards. We source materials from UK based suppliers, but also Europe and Asia to ensure that the best service, quality and  prices are afforded.